Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm back - and more social (media) than ever!

So a few months ago I had this brilliant idea for a blog, and then... well, a lot of things happened professionally and it sort of went by the wayside. However, with the new school year starting, I am renewing my commitment to blogging with some sort of regularity.

Social media is a topic that has been on the tip of everyone's tongues, not to mention all over my inbox with a recent CASE-Communications thread. Someone very innocently started out by looking for people in the field who are responsible for overseeing social media. I believe this gentleman was looking for people, like him, who are 100% dedicated to social media. I know there are people like that "out there." But at the same time, no one wants to miss the social media boat, so the thread devolved into a discussion of a special list-serv and a chain of "me too" answers.

Today, no one can afford not to be involved in social media, whether it's your full-time job or just a part of the many things you do. Many of us in independent schools are one-man bands (or two- or three-men max). So what are we doing that works? How can we integrate social media into all the other things we do, for instance a special campaign, event, publication, etc.?

No comments:

Post a Comment